Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kraft it Up

Last night I did the Kraft it Up challenge - this month it was to create a layout using fabric and stitching. Right! easy!

Here's my layout and even though I don't like scrapping with purple much, I LOVE how this layout turned out!



Paper: Kraft and purple paper from Echo Park (i think it was almost the ONLY sheet of purple paper I could find!)
Letters: October afternoon, thickers, Imaginarium chipboard letters (inked and dimensional magic'd)
Glazed brads (i'm mildly obsessed with these -ask anyone!), heart chippie and flowers.
Also used Crafters workshop bird template with ink and a silver pen.
FABRIC - the flower fabric is a swatch I got from WHO knows where.  Plus i stitched on tulle ruffles. And I made the cream twisted flower out of muslin.
PLUS i had fun making it! Love this quote, works so well with the photo, as I look at this photo of my 8 year old Abby and think of all her dreams for the future!

Thanks for looking!
Amanda


6 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Amanda!! I LOVE all the Purple.....
Yes! I love this Quote too!!!!!
A BEAUTIFUL Layout...
THANKS so very much for Sharing this With US over @ KIU.......

Nicolee said...

purple is one of my fave colours...but I just can't scrap it! You've done such a beautiful job here! Luv it!
x

Jasmine S said...

The purple looks fabulous with the Kraft. Love your designa nd you have used the stitching and fabric perfectly.

Debbie Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Smith said...

i LOVE purple, quite unashamedly, LOL! and your page is fab Amanda. The Crafters templete is really sweet with the layering and lettering. So, so pretty xoxox

Cathy said...

A beautiful page Amanda.. love the purple and your pretty details!! Thanks for joining in at KIU :)