Sunday, February 19, 2017

Kraft Plus - February

I love Kraft Plus!

Beautiful colours and sketch this month. Two sponsors of Kraft Plus are Charms Creations and Colour Blast - as I am on the team for both, I had to join the challenge and use their products!



Here is my page and some closeups.

I used a water wash of Colour Blast White Gesso on the background. I splattered and stamped some texture in the gesso while it was still wet. I mixed Colour Mica Powder (Polar blue) in some Gel medium and a bit more Gesso and used it through a script stencil, for the soft blue in the background.

I have layered my photos with some papers and good old plasterers mesh, and added a few other of my favourite embellishments.

Pip berry stems, stamen, doiley and punchinella are all from D-lish Scraps. Stapling things down is perfect for these kinds of embellishments and it looks funky too.


Here is a close up of the super cute Charms Creations Terrific Tab - this silver glittery one with mint is perfect!

 

 
Now let's talk about the brackets and arrow. These were created with chipboard and Colour Blast Embossing Powders. My good scrap buddy, Melissa Struhs, described the technique in her recent blog post, and she was nice enough to show us when we were scrapping together yesterday. I used a darker blue versamark ink and then Singing the Blues Embossing Powder on the brackets. Basically you use lots of embossing powder and press a stamp into it as it is cooling. To me, it looks like droplets of water on those brackets. So cool. For the Arrow, I used a cream versamark ink and then Snow White Embossing Powder, with a sprinkle of Bling Embossing Powder. I think they look pretty special. Thanks Mel!
 
Thanks for looking,
Amanda
 
 

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks fabulous, love your arty back ground.. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!

FiKenward said...

Lovely page, the tag banner is super cute.

Helen Wallace said...

Loving the mixed media background and the embossing techniques. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Stunning Love love love your take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Kraft Plus.