Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Scrap the Boys - March 2017

Hi all,
 
The challenges continue at Scrap the Boys (and for me) this month, as we scrap boys (said the mother of 3 girls), this month using DIRT:
 
No automatic alt text available. 
 
As soon as I saw the challenge, I remembered a photo of my little brother, that was always a favourite of mine, where he was playing in the mud. Luckily my Mum remembered it too, and was able to find the photo, scan it and email it to me.
 
So here is my layout.
 
 
I had an old stencil with the big splatter pattern and to be honest I had never used it. Anyway, I mixed some Colour Blast Mica Powder (Expresso brown) with some Gel Medium and put it through the stencil. It was the perfect mud splatter background!
 
I swiped the leftovers around the edges and even had enough to paint the 2Crafty chipboard word title.
 
I also used some Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Just Blue to splatter on the page and to colour the Charms Creations DIY Chevron.
 
Check out all the details in the these close ups....
 
I wove some wire around a few elements on the page. And this close up shows you the awesome Charms Creation! And I love the glitter enamel dots from D-lish Scraps!
 
 
 
 
 
Flutterby Designs flair here! Perfect!
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Amanda
 

No comments: