There is still time to create your layouts for STG this month! We would love to see your creations!
This month we want you to create a layout using PAINT and TEXTURE PASTE! How easy!
So here is a step by step for how I created my layout....
1. Started with plain piece of cardboard (that was a backing sheet to something I had bought!).
2. Got out my Gesso, ready to go!
3. Painted some Gesso on the background... random stripes up and down.
4. Next I got my texture paste and my metal spatula.
5. Using my Tim Holtz Masks, I put some splattering of texture paste on the layout. They are strategically placed based on my layout design (which I already have planned in my brain!). As you can see I didn't wash off some red mist from the mask and this kinda came through with the texture paste, but it doesn't matter!
6. Gold mist through the hearts masks on the whole layout. <3 <3 <3
Looked like this....
7. Got my Tim Holtz Distress stain ready...
8. And ran it over another mask in a few spots on the layout. The distress stain bleeds and is a bit messy, but that is all part of the effect!
9. Next, for extra effect, a few splatters of Dylusions mist. I unscrew the lid and flicked the ink from the end of the stick.
10. Using Mod Podge, I glued down some bits of tissue paper to the background.
11. Background now done and dried, I start layering the photo and embellishments. Strips of Washi tape, staples, vellum & paper die cuts, skeleton leaves all play a part in the layout.
12. Some clusters of flowers, leaves, sticker words and buttons. As well as some Freckled Fawn arrows, Glitz designs bling, and even a DIY Flutterby designs flair. Looks like I added some black stamping in there on the background too - musta forgotten to take a photo of that!
Ta da! Here's the final layout......
Please join the fun at STG this month!!!!