Monday, August 1, 2016

Show Us Your Stuff - AUGUST 2016

Another new challenge at SUYS for August....



I suppose whether a patterned paper is ugly or not is pretty subjective, but in a recent survey at the Scrap and Chat retreat in Melbourne, this paper was unanimously voted as ugly. I tried to offload it to Sue Plumb to use, but she refused, so I accepted the challenge!

 
 
 
So here is my page and some close ups:
Nothing like covering ugly paper with some white gesso and texture paste! I used painted the page using the new Colour Blast Mica Powders mixed with water (makes it look shimmery and shiny in real life!). Additional detail was added with some stamping.




 
In the close ups you will see the amazing handmade details from some great Aussie companies:
Charms Creations: Music paper arrow
Funky Flairs Studio: Black and white flairs
Burdy Embellies: Cool cogs
Rainbow Splendour: Epoxy flair
Corbett Creations: Wood veneer circle from D-lish Scraps
 
I think I turned something ugly into something beautiful!
 
Thanks for looking.
Amanda
 

No comments: