Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"Love you"- Scrap the Girls - August 2017

Hi there,
 
Scrap the Girls, has had some great mood boards lately and this month I finally found time to give it a go.
 
 
I did my page while I was away at the Scrap and Chat Retreat and sadly I had not packed the right photo to get the challenge done. Luckily, Rachael, on the next table, pulled out an awesome photo of her daughter and I was instantly inspired and knew what I wanted to do!
 
 
Here is my page!
 
 
I used loads of Colour Blast too - Starting with the Colour Blast Black Heavy Gesso with wide brush strokes on the background. I had stuck the word "LOVE" down with some stickers as a mask, I painted over them and then peeled the stickers off to create that part of the title.
 
I used Colour Paste in Stormy Weather through the tree branch stencil and did some sprays with Colour Shimmer Spray in Stormy Weather and splatters with Colour Shimmer Cube in Dusty Charcoal and Steel.
 
I used a Charms Creation arrow, amongst some other great embellishments!
 
 
 
 
Finishing touches include sequins and then from Flutterby Designs, some sticky quotes.
 
Thanks for looking today and thank you to Scrap the Girls for inspiring me to create a page that I would not usually do!
 
Amanda
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Sandra said...

This is amazing Amanda, thank goodness for friends who can give us things to work with. Thanks for joining us at STG.

Lucie Forte said...

Wow! I'm so in love with your layout, it's stunning! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

Rosemary Hanson said...

Love all the detail in this page! It looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

Tambaramba said...

Love your layout, love the mixed media, and yep you are right, that photo is perfect!

tambuck said...

Fabulous as always Amanda! Such a moody layout!

Krisy said...

I love this photo. As always an awesome layout. Thanks for playing along this month.xx

Kareen Dion said...

Really gorgeous layout! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!