Sunday, November 5, 2017

Off the Rails - November challenge

Hi everyone,

I have not had much time for extra scrappy challenges lately, with one thing and another. However this week, I made some time and this challenge from Off the Rails seemed perfect for me! Especially with the beautiful photo of our 3 girls, all dressed from my sisters Engagement party (which ended up being a Surprise wedding!!!!!!!).



Here is my page and a few close ups!


So.... I started with white cardstock base and used Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Cubes (lipstick, blush and envy) to paint and splatter around the outer edge.

Then I stuck this transparency sheet over. That's the black designs around the edges. I have had this transparency sheet for so long, I have NO idea where it even came from. I machine stitched it to the page, and my old sewing machine did crack up! (#miracleshappen)

I embellished with some of my favourites - using a pink, teal, silver and black colour scheme.


I love all things Charms Creations, so the soft pink heart seemed perfect for this page. Combined with a Rainbow Splendour epoxy button and some D-lish Scraps flowers and stamen, and we were set.

I also found some micro-beads in my stash... I am sure you see them glued to the layout. You don't want to see my desk and floor where the micro-beads went everywhere! So worth it! Lol!

Another Charms here, this time a chevron and more D-lish flowers and a bow.


I added a touch of bling with a string of silver sequins, and a silver circle tag (#ilovestashbusting)



This last close up, hopefully shows the painted Colour Blast edging under the transparency. I was really so happy with the effect!

Anyway.... when you have a lovely photo like this, it deserves a special scrapped page. So glad I found Off the Rails, I was really inspired to create this!

Thanks for looking,

Amanda

7 comments:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Superb Amanda! I love that overlay with the pops of pink underneath. Such a sweet, chic page and such a lovely memory!
Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
Louise xo

Julie said...

Great layout Amanda. Love the idea of stitch the transparency on, I always struggle with finding ways to attach them without it showing. Glad you could join us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

Rosemary Hanson said...

Great page Amanda. Gorgeous clusters too! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails

The Gov. said...

Beautiful page and love the idea of the stitched transparency. Thanks for joining us at OTR!

Anonymous said...

This is so SO lovely! You've really nailed our Mood Board this month!
Thank you for joining us at OTR!!!

Tania said...

Such a beautiful page, love the design! Thanks for joining us at OTR :)

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your page and take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.