Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Scrap the Girls - APRIL 2015

Another month, another challenge.

Here is the awesome mood board over at Scrap the Girls.



Such an intriguing colour combo.....

Here is my page and some close ups.



 
So, I kinda love this page. I love it when I create something so bright and beautiful that I can't help but smile and feel RAD when it is done.
The BEST bit about this page? Of course, that it is inspired by, and features Lisa Oxley and her word stencil. I have been lucky enough to attend two of Lisa's classes now and each time I learn more about creating these amazing backgrounds.
 
Here's what I used on this layout.
I started with "Marshmallow" cardstock - that is a thicker white cardstock from Bazzil. I used Jo Sonya's black texture paste through, the WOW word stencil (designed by Lisa Oxley herself; I got mine from Artified).
Then I used water and dyslusion mist sprays to create the wash, yet bright background.
 
Cheesecloth (also spray dyed with Dyslusions mist), washi tape and then clusters of flowers, resin, sequins and buttons.
 
Thanks for looking today and I really hope you take the time to tackle this SCRAP the GIRLS challenge.
 
Amanda
 
 

No comments: