Friday, July 15, 2016

Packing for retreat.


Once a year I go to Melbourne for the Scrap n Chat retreat. Traveling to scrap means one thing- baggage restrictions! So I plan and sort and organise, you know, cos it's my thing and for me, it's all part of the fun of scrapbooking.

Here's how I do it...

Clean my desk


Get a drink (very important)



Get a stack of just printed photos


Sort photos, crop them when needed
 

Write dates, title ideas, challenge ideas for each pile of photos


Pick some papers, put them in album. Even if I don't get all these used at retreat (like that would be impossible), I can still use these photo/paper kits for the months after!
< Papers


{This album is pretty heavy so I always carry my papers in my carry on luggage, never my suitcase.}

Get extra cardstock, pick extra pretty papers and have a stack of single photos to scrap as inspiration hits. Just in case...



Gesso some cardstock. Saves having to pack my big pot of gesso.


Texture paste some cardstock, same thing, saves packing my texture paste.


I colour sort  my embellishments, so for retreat I make up snap lock bags of different coloured embellies. Buttons, flowers, flair, bows, anything and everything goes in these, even washi tape.
 

 

There is always so spaces in the top of the box, so I stuff in stamps, pens, inks, whatever.
 

Pick favourite letter stickers and thickers, put into another plastic box.
 

Again stuff extra bits along the sides and on top to fill the box.
 

A few extra favourite things like stickers, stencils, stamps, enamel dots in zipper pouches, which are super easy to slide in at the end at top, or in hand luggage.


Started my tools box and some paints/sprays (so hard to choose which ones to bring!!!)

Now I just have to  make it fit in my suitcase, with some warm clothes, and keep it under 23kilos!!


Yay! Can't wait for retreat.

Amanda

1 comment:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Wow that was fun to read and very inspiring. I especially think I'm going to gesso some cardstock and just keep it "Lying around". Great tip!
Thanks for sharing.
Louise xo