Monday, July 4, 2016

Show Us Your Stuff - July

Great winter challenge for SUYS this month. I love that we get to showcase lots of handmade Aussie stuff!

Show Us Your Stuff:




Here is my DT sample this month, and some close ups.

To create my background, I glued some different squares of grey patterned papers and gesso'd over all of the them. I then used Colour Blast "Just Blue" texture paste through stencils to create the blue x's and snowflake word. I used the old dribbly white paint trick again too, and some splashes of grey and blue paint. The title "Adventure" is a Corbett Creations wood veneer word, which I inked blue, but also applied some Colour Blast texture paste to, just the see what it looked like - it added some interest to the word for sure!

In the embellishment clusters, you will see some awesome handmade stuff:

Charms Creations DIY Chevron (sprayed with Blue Dylusions mist)
Rainbow Splendour- Foam leaves
Burdy's Embellies - Cool Cogs (Also added some blue ink to these)
Funky Flairs Studio - B&W flair
Corbett Creations - wood veneer word.
D-lish Scraps - Journal Its

Check them out in the close ups!




 
 
Thanks for looking!  Hope you join the SUYS challenge this month.
 
Amanda

No comments: